Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Wednesday, June 10

Growing

My little girl is growing. She's nearly six months old and some of our small size back up diapers (for when the Bum Genius 3.0s* are in the wash) are getting too tight for her wonderfully chubby thighs. Fortunately I won (yes, WON!) a diaper a little while back that is in the next size up. It's AppleCheeks brand. So far I love it. It can be used as a pocket diaper, or as a cover (just fold the insert and lay it on top)! The color selection is even better than the BGs and it feels a lot softer too. The disadvantage is that, since it has snaps instead of velcro, it isn't as adjustable size-wise and you have to get two sets instead of one (because they come in two sizes instead of being a one-size system like the BGs). It also seems to be a little less bulky. If I was starting fresh with a new diaper system I would probably do a mix of these and BG's. But this is the first day we've used the AppleCheeks dipe so I don't know yet how well it prevents leaks. I picked the "St. Lucia" color because, hey, it's really pretty plus it's from "Lucia" that the name "Lucy" was originally derived.

Mama's little diaper model

Speaking of growing. This little one is now capable of sitting up on her own (though only for so long). That means, since she's shown an interest, we'll be letting her try some avocado this week. You'd better believe I'm going to take video of that! In the mean time, here's a video to show you what I mean about the "only for so long" thing.**


post signature

*By the way, we LOVE the Bum Genius 3.0s. Way better than 'sposies. So cute and almost no blow outs (as opposed to disposables which blow out all the freakin' time)!

**The pillow is just there in case of backwards falls. She really can sit on her own without it.

2 Stubborn Stains:

Brandy@YDK said...

oh my she's so cute. i came across your blog from another SITS blog. I also have a 6 month old.

JWalburger said...

It is a pretty color!

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search