Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Thursday, June 25

TMI

{not for the easily grossed-out}

My house is not the only thing I have a hard time keeping clean. My ears’ wax factories have been producing more wax than a bee on steroids. Seriously. I could not keep up. I had even committed the cardinal sin of ear care (never use Q-Tips). But it hadn’t helped. So I decided it was time to declare war and I bought some Murine.

wax drops

I dutifully read the instructions, and enlisted Bear’s help (because I can’t see my own ear to see what I’m doing). In went the drops and…

GAAHHH! IT’S FIZZING!!! I can hear it fizzing!!! I didn’t know it was going to fizz!

My sane hubby tried to calm me down, which elicited the following violent outburst as I frantically squirted water in my ear:

It’s MY ear! It’s MY hearing! I CAN HEAR IT FIZZING!

To which he responded:

Do you really think they’d sell a product that could make you go deaf?

I responded with silence, the I’m-angry-but-I-know-you’re-probably-right kind of silence; the I-can’t-think-of-anything-to-say-without-looking-like-an-irrational-jerk-so-I’m-going-to-be-a-silent-irrational-jerk kind of silence.

That was several hours ago. We’ve moved on. I’m calm again. He’s graciously avoided ridiculing me (no matter how well deserved) for my outburst. Everything is peachy-keen.

Except that my ear still isn’t clean.

siggy




PS- What do you think I should do now?

18 Stubborn Stains:

Crystal HW said...

It is fizzing because that is the wax absorbing the stuff, and the air being replaced by Murine is the fizzing or popping as I call it. I would try it again. Now that you know what to expect, it shouldn't surprise you. I have to use that stuff every fall, when my ears do the exact same thing! I have even had to go to te dr a couple times in my life for it.

Whatever you do, best of luck

Crystal HW said...

Sorry, 2 kidson my lap while typing is not a good combination.

Mrs. Jones said...

You could go to the doc and get them to clear it out. I have a friend that has to do that every 4 months or so. :)

MzUnicaHija19 said...

My lil brother is the same way we bring him to the doctor to get it clean.

Stopping by from SITS, www.mrszeus.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yucky, so glad I dont have the kiddos!Stopping by from SITS to leave some bloggy love!

Jennifer said...

I used one of those ear squeeze plunger things... worked like a charm! Get some warm water and squeeze it in there!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Thanks for all the tips everybody! I think I'll have the doc take a look at it.

Jess said...

I have this problem and went to the doc to get my cleaned out. When they get it all done and pull the nastiest out, mother of pearl: its the awesomesauce! Best.feeling.ever

Elizabeth said...

i really like how you incorporate the friday message and highlight some fun posts.

Elizabeth said...

...and i just read your interview. it was good. its nice to know that i'm not the only one who doesn't receive cable or conventional tv. in college i didn't have tv and liked it so much. it really is an excellent decision, plus it makes you feel as if your time is your own. many people make plans around their favorite shows. it's very restrictive.

Jen said...

Visiting from SITs, great blog. Have you heard of ear candles? I have used them on myself and my kids with lots of success.

Alicia said...

thats kinda funny!! i love that you were so brave as to post about it! lol!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I have heard of ear candles (I used to work in a health food store). But family member of mine never had any success with them so I've remained a skeptic. Though, at this point I'm ready to reevaluate that doubt!

Rachelle S said...

Came over from SITS. I hope your ear is cleared up soon! I remember once long ago, BOTH of my ears were so plugged up I pretty much couldn't hear for days. I was working in a Cafe then, and had to take orders, somehow I could make out what they wanted, and no one ever knew. I finally did go to the Dr and got meds to help clear it up. But I remember me and my Dad trying to clean them out w/Qtips! I think it made the situation worse.

Katie Lane said...

Do your ears ring? My husband has ringing in his ears and doctors can't figure out why. Anyway thanks for all the comments. You rock!!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

No, no ringing. Thank goodness! That would drive me nuts. Hope the doc can figure out how to help your hubby soon!

Turtle said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! While I sympathize for you and your ears, this post cracked me up! I agree with the other last comment -try again - the swimmer's ear stuff does the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Poor you! My ear wax could build its own Wax Museum... Try softening up the wax with olive oil overnight before using the drops.

Or try Hopi Ear Candling... they burn a candle over your ear and it sucks up all the wax. Non-intrusive and it really worked for me!

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search