Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Sunday, June 7

Body After Baby - Week 3

I've completed my third week of the Body After Baby Challenge. And I'm feeling pretty good about it. As long as I'm being frank I should tell you all that I was not a healthy weight when I got pregnant. Then I gained more weight than necessary over the course of my pregnancy. So when I tell you that it's important for me to be taking better care of my body, I really mean it. As of Sunday I'm about 10 pounds (or less*) over my pre-pregnancy weight. But, as nice as it is to be losing weight, it's not the only reason I'm feeling good about the challenge. Working out every day is giving me more energy, and more confidence. I'm nowhere near my goal size but I like my body again anyways because I'm taking care of it. Plus, you know, it is nice to look in the mirror and be able to see a difference!

Tuesday I did not work out because I was sick. Sad day. But I haven't missed any other days. I'm now on level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. But I'm having problems with it. It's a very high impact workout and is too tough on my knees and hips. So I have to substitute lower impact moves some times.

And I still can't manage to drink 3 liters of water per day. I think it's just more than my body needs. So from here on out I'm going to focus on having more water, but not push myself to drink a set amount.

I'm soda free and glad that I decided to give it up for at least 30 days.

I've found that with all the extra energy I have I get up and go for walks just because I want to (and not because I should). So, in addition to continuing to work out daily I'm going add go for a walk 3 times a week to my goals (weather permitting). I want to make sure walking becomes a habit. And I'm aiming to put together at least half a week's worth of a healthy meal plan.

That's all for now. I'm going to be putting up a post today or tomorrow that moms of little girls should be very excited about. I nearly peed my pants I was so excited. So stay tuned!

post signature

*It's hard to remember how much I weighed over a year ago.

2 Stubborn Stains:

Miller Family said...

I hear you on the 30 day shred being tough on your joints!! I do it and my knees and hips hurt so bad. Jillian is one tough lady. I can't even imagine what level 3 is like.

JWalburger said...

ooo, the anticipation!!!

Way to go on sticking to your weightloss goal!

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search