Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Monday, June 15

Body After Baby - Week 4

This post is brought to you by the helpful customer service representatives working for Compaq. Without them I’d be lying in the fetal position and crying over the black screen of doom that fell upon my lappy this morning. Now, for my weekly update on the Body After Baby Challenge:

Epic fail!

OK…maybe not an epic fail. But I do have to report some slipping up this week.

  • I did not go for three walks. I went for two walks. And while I did go to the pool on Friday it was with Lucy so I didn’t actually do any swimming.
  • I had soda! Oh no! I had soda a few times actually. Bear made mojitos (soooo good!) for the first time. After having a sip of his I had to have my own. And after giving in once to soda I gave in again. But I’m jumping back on the no-soda wagon. It’s better to fall and get back up than fall and stay down, right?
  • I’m still not drinking enough water. And now that it’s getting hot (even though a week ago we had snow) I really need to make sure I keep myself hydrated. Being a nursing mom makes it extra important!
  • I didn’t get any of my meal plan done.

But it’s not all bad news. I am seeing amazing results from the 30 Day Shred workout. My strength, endurance, and flexibility have all been vastly improved since I started. And I’m not having as much trouble with my knees and hip so I’m actually able to do all the moves (and even some of the advanced ones)! Plus I’ve lost several pounds. I’m about 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, even with all the added muscle I’ve got now!

Last week was a busy week for me. I was doing a lot of work on my blog. But as much as I’d like to make excuses, I know I shouldn’t. I need to be committed enough to my health that even when I’m busy or feeling lazy or am tempted by minty-lime goodness I still reach my goals! So I’m recommitting myself this week and here’s what I plan to do:

  • Continue 30DS (level 3 starts today!)
  • Water, water, water!
  • Make half a week’s meal plan.
  • Make some long term fitness goals and plan for them.
  • NO soda!

Before I run off I want to share this blog with you. It’s a food and fitness blog that I recently discovered and I looooove it! I am SO inspired by Caitlin (the author). And I’ve gotten some really yummy snack and meal ideas from browsing her archives! So be sure to give her blog a visit! You don’t want to miss it!

weights3

7 Stubborn Stains:

Mr. + Mr. Rubio said...

You have the cuttest blog ever!! Love the "dust bunny" haha. Congrats on getting your body back in shape after baby. I've lost 70+ pounds this year on weight watchers. Totally love it!

I'll see you around SITS!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

70+ pounds! That's incredible! You must be very proud of yourself! I bet you've added years to your life!

Samantha said...

I'm thinking of getting the Shred DVD and trying it. I'm glad you're liking it- I've heard its great!! 10 pounds.. your almost there!!

Crystal HW said...

OOO, that blog is great!

Way to go! It takes commitment to jump back on the weightloss wagon after stumbling, even a little bit.

YOU CAN DO IT HOLLY!!

Jennifer said...

Good for your girl for having great goals and going for it!! You can do it!! I'm rooting for ya!

Sierra said...

Thanks for the site...I'll check it out. Love your dust bunny motto. Makes me laugh, your blog is too fun.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Thanks! Glad you found the link useful. I'm so loving that blog right now! But it often makes me hungry for food I don't have on hand! lol

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search