Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Tuesday, January 6

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Here's what I'm going to tackle: my family room. It needs some picking up, and a vacuuming session. Technically if I was following my Motivated Moms schedule more precisely I would have vacuumed it yesterday. But there were many things in the way (the Christmas tree had not yet been taken down) and by the time those things were out of the way it was kind of late to be vacuuming.

Check out my before pictures (to the right). I'm going use my timer and spend 15 minutes picking up. Then I'll spend 15 minutes vacuuming. Whatever isn't done in that time will remain undone for the present.

Ready.

Set.

GO!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ta da!

It may not look like a huge change (especially since pictures can't really show the difference between a floor serving as dust bunny breeding grounds and a floor that is clean) but it for 30 minutes worth of work it's absolutely acceptable.

You may have noticed the red chair not only changed locations, but colors! Well, actually just locations. We (and by "we" I mean "Adam") brought down the glider from Lucy's room because it never gets used up there. I always end up nursing her in the family room or the bedroom.

I'd also like to take a moment to reflect on the bliss of owning a computer armoire. It can get messier than should be physically possible and all I have to do to "clean it up" is close it! The same goes for my desk (the secretary on the other side of the room). Pure joy! Truly, part of having a tidy home is simply a matter of knowing where to hide your messes (I've heard the dryer works in a pinch if you've got company coming).

The family room had been awfully messy since bringing Lucy home. But now that it's squared away again (and we're adjusted to the new person in our house) it should stay pretty nice. Every day I set my timer for 15 minutes and pick up whatever needs picked up (a tip I got from Flylady). It's a super easy way to maintain order. Try it yourself and see! It's amazing what a kitchen timer can inspire you to get done.

And don't forget to enter the giveaway!

3 Stubborn Stains:

The Masked Mommy said...

Looks great! Good job!

Rachel and Dennis said...

Good tip on the dryer to hide clutter May I recommend not using the oven? Let's just say we forgot dishes were in there and the next preheating was a disaster!

JWalburger said...

Good tip on the dryer. I also know that the tub works to hid things if you have a shower curtain that isn't seethrough.

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search