Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Wednesday, January 14

Homebody

I haven't been out much since Lucy was born. It being cold and snowy, and the roads being what they are it hasn't seemed desirable to go outside. This is compounded by the fact that we (thinking we were being oh-so-smart and saving money) bought a 3-in-1 car seat instead of a "bucket." Learn from our experience...if you have a winter baby, invest in a bucket.

There's also the "babymoon" factor. I haven't had much desire to be with people (other than my hubby and baby). I've been mostly content to just stay home (where it's warm) and enjoy my family. But even so...after a while we all get cabin fever. So today I ventured out.

Actually...I ventured out purely because I had to because Lucy had a Dr.'s appointment* - given the choice I probably would have stayed home, again. But I did choose to stay out. We stopped at Wal-Mart to get a mouse (mine has been broken for months). And when I say "we stopped" I mean we parked and Adam ran in to buy the cheapest mouse to suit our needs. Then we went to Montana's (we had a coupon for a free appetizer) where I nursed in public for the first time. And we ended the day with a trip to the library where I grabbed a huge stack of books to check out.

It felt good to see views other than the same view I've been staring at day in and day out. And the best part was that Lucy slept almost the entire time we were out. Now if we could only get her to sleep like that at night...

post signature

*Her appointment went well. The doc continues to be impressed by her weight gain. Mama's milk: it does a baby good.

1 Stubborn Stains:

JWalburger said...

lol, Lucy will be like that for a while. The day will come when you miss the sleeping in the car. Hope the sleeping gets better. Glad to hear you got out.

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search