Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Tuesday, October 27

MIA

Wondering where I’ve been?

Disconnected.

I needed a break from the internet. So I went totally screen free for over a day. It was embarrassingly difficult to stay off the computer. Other than Lucy and Adam the internet is the only source of human interaction I usually get from day to day. It was also hard to resist watching Glee with Adam once he got home. But we did it. And here’s the awesome thing…I got more done around the house in that one day than I usually get done in a week. And we had a chance to play cards, relax, and just talk with each other. I plan on doing it more often. In fact, screen-free days are part of my 101 in 1001 to-do list. I highly recommend periodic screen-free days for everyone. It’s incredibly rejuvenating.

Also, I got Lucy’s Halloween costume finished and it’s adorable. I promise, pictures are in the works!

siggy

6 Stubborn Stains:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on a successful screen free day!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I've started to read your blog after you posted your 1001 to-do list. I just had a read through it. I think it's a great idea! I'm kind of tempted to copy the idea if that's okay. I pretty much always have goals for myself but I rarely follow them through since I don't write them down. I like that your goals covered so many different aspects of life as well.

Re: the no-screen time thing. I am totally addicted to screens on one sort or another. Actually Stephen King wrote an interesting article about "Screen Addiction" in Entertainment Weekly. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20293300,00.html

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I love my screen free days! I don't get them too often because my career is internet based. To get them, I have to leave town :)

Glad you are enjoying yours so well!

Debbie said...

You know, we watch precious little TV. But, I personally haven't ever put myself on a screen free day. I like that idea. Maybe once a week would be a gift to me!

Rosanna =) said...

You've inspired me to do a screen-free day!!

Just let me catch up on all my emails, tweets & blogs first!

=)

Sarah said...

Screen-free INCLUDING TV screens... wow. Kudos. The other day, our power went out for an hour and it was so strangely silent that I didn't really want it to come back on.

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search