Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Sunday, May 3

You Know...

You know you miss someone when you have a dream about how much you miss them.

My best friend lives in Utah, where we met. I haven't seen her in over a year (Happy Canadaversary to us, by the way)! I'm particularly bummed about being so far away right now because I missed her baby shower/missed out on helping her paint her baby's room/won't get to meet her "Ninja baby"/haven't been able to show off Baby Lucy to her/etc. I've had two dreams about her in the past week, one of which was actually about not getting to help paint and how much I miss her. And she bought all her friends who helped paint ice cream (in the dream) and it made me jealous...partly because I miss her and partly because I haven't had ice cream in weeks and weeks.

So, today I think I'm going to wallow in self pity and eat ice cream.

Other things/people I miss (from Utah and Ohio):

  • Target
  • the dollar theater
  • mountains
  • the UTA
  • $400 a month rent
  • Spencer
  • Rachel (who is also having a baby soon)
  • Nora
  • my family, especially my mom!!!
  • Dodger and Elly (and Harrigan too)
  • Harrigan's (especially the pizza and the chicken fingers)
  • Bill's Donuts (best donuts EVER)
  • lots of birds and critters running around everywhere
  • the Provo library's magazine selection
  • the USPS
  • my grandpa's yard/garden
  • Windmill Farm
  • the nearby museums
  • high school (not that I could go back even if I was physically close enough)
  • humidity (can't believe I'd ever miss that, but the dry air is doing a number on my skin)
  • regular thunderstorms
  • Goodwill
  • and, again, MY FAMILY
If only I was allowed to leave the country. What things do you miss from places you used to live?

How could I not miss this?

post signature

3 Stubborn Stains:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I miss you too.

Wanna know something funny? After the movie, Bill said he was having low blood sugar issues and I invited them to come back over for ice cream sandwiches. We ended up having hot chocolate (it was COLD and we kept the windows open to air out the upstairs) but still ... You have psychic powers. <3

Mrs. Jones said...

I miss you too!

JWalburger said...

How much longer until you are able to travel back that way?

I have to admit I miss the Mountains, and all it has to offer being just outside my back door or a short 1 hr drive away.

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search