Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Monday, May 25

Muffin Tin Monday

I love Michelle's (of Her Cup Overfloweth) "Muffin Tin Monday" posts. I think muffin tin meals are adorable and I've been wanting to do one...except that a muffin tin meal for Lucy would just be a muffin tin filled with breast milk. And I think it'd be easier for her to get her meal on tap. But nowhere does it say that a grown adult can't act like a kid and enjoy a muffin tin meal of her own. And that's exactly what I did.

water (in Ikea cup), red bell peppers, no-sugar added "Country Berry" applesauce, a banana, a veggie sandwich (lettuce, cucmber, tomato, cheese, mustard, and miracle whip on whole wheat), an apple, honey nuts (and a multivitamin), and dark chocolate covered espresso beans

It ended up being a lot more food than I realized. It was the biggest lunch I've had in a long time. And it was awesome! I ended up eating on the couch because Lucy wanted lunch too. I often end up trying to balance a plate over her in those situations. This worked much better because the muffin tin was spill resistent and I felt safe just sitting it next to us on the couch. I may have to make a habit of muffin tin meals for that very reason. I look forward to doing my first themed meal (upcoming themes can be found on Michelle's blog). If you have kids, or just are a big kid, I reccomend giving muffin tin meals a try!

post signature

8 Stubborn Stains:

JWalburger said...

That is a cool idea!

Bran said...

I LOVE that you made one for yourself! It's so much fun!

Bobbi & Noe said...

Those sandwiches look sooooo good! I'm a miracle whip gal!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

They're even yummier with avocado which is how I had them today!
I quite like Miracle Whip. DH HATES it.

Diva Mamma said...

Welcome to MTM! I love that you made a muffin tin for yourself! Just think how good you'll be at this when your little one is old enough to ask what's for MTM. :o)

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

you rock for making one for yourself! I've done a "shared" muffin tin meal before, butI just might have to start making them for me too!

Danielle said...

Fun! I always help my daughter finihs her tin!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love all the ideas!
FUN!
Jill from The Glen

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search