Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Saturday, April 10

Test-Run Cake

Two days ago I make a test-cake. It’s a good thing I did. I’m going to need to double this particular recipe. Yesterday I did a test run on icing the cake {no decoration, just a base coat, so to speak}. It’s a good thing I did. I definitely need the practice. I have plans for the “real” cake, but shhhhh! It’s a secret. Don’t worry, I’ll reveal it soon. In the meantime, here are some photos of my uneven test run.
 rainbow cake wilton decorating class
Behold! A light blue lopsided circle! And when you cut into the cake?
rainbow cake wilton decorating class
RAINBOW! The red turned out perfectly, but the other colors need to be more saturated. I also need to have more batter because, even though it might be hard to tell from a photograph, the cake was way too short.
Anyway, this weekend I’ll have another go at baking the cake. And maybe the icing will turn out better the second time around. It’s definitely smoother than any cake I’ve done before, but there were still lots of imperfections, only some of which would have been covered by decorations had I practiced the design we’ll be doing on Tuesday in class.
Wish me luck!
siggy

7 Stubborn Stains:

Rachel said...

What a neat cake. Even for a test run...it looks great to me! Good luck perfecting it! =)

Jenn Galloway said...

Love the rainbow cake! It takes time to learn to get them straight...

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Jamie said...

Yummy! I just posted about rainbow cupcakes that I just made. Love them!

Rita Templeton said...

Yum yum! Your pictures of cake are sabotaging my diet. ;)

KK said...

Awesome, I wish I could take a fork and did into the screen. I don't care if its short, yumminess is the most important.

Jackie said...

it looks so yummy!!!! great job :)

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search