Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Wednesday, August 26

Sheraton Responds!

First I got this:

Dear Ms. Dork {they used my real name},

Thank you for taking the time to contact us concerning your recent stay at The Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport West.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us has not been up to the standards of Sheraton Hotels and Resorts. One of our company values is that we succeed only when we meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and I sincerely apologize that we did not do so during your stay.

I have forwarded your comments to the General Manager to assist us in resolving this situation for you. Please allow us up to five days for a thorough investigation and for an appropriate response to be provided to you.

In the meantime, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us either by replying to this email or by phone at 1-800-328-6242. If you are outside of the United States or Canada, please email us at customercare@starwoodhotels.com. Your reference number for this matter is ************.

Your present feelings are appreciated; however, I do hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Thank you for choosing Sheraton. If you have any further customer service questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at sheraton@sheraton.com.

Best Regards,

Bertha {names have been changed to protect the innocent}

Then I got this:

Dear Ms Dork
Thank you for taking the time of your busy schedule, to share your experience about your stay with us. I profoundly apologize on behalf of the hotel, for all the inconveniences you had to incur during you stay on the 9th of August 09. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and wish to inform you that the hotel will be going through a complete renovation, starting at the end of this year. I have also addressed the service related issues with the concerned staff, ensuring they do not repeat the mistakes again in future.
The next time you are in this area, kindly give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly, so my team can personally attend to your needs.
Thank you!
Helga

Translation: Sorry we suck. We’ll try to make sure OTHER people have a better experience. Please come back and give us more of your money.

No idea what I'm talking about? This will clear things up.

siggy

16 Stubborn Stains:

Anonymous said...

The nerve!!!!! What a bunch of cheap @$$ snooty Sheraton people!!!!!! You should have at least gotten a free night or SOMETHING!!!!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

seriously...seriously...they're kidding, right? They wouldn't just turn you out like that....my fave part is when they said they would do a "thorough investigation" bwahahahahaha!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

oh, and do they realize they are losing more than just you as a customer, but all of us?

Clueless_Mama said...

I love the translation you gave and you are probably right!

Kami said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No refund? No free stay in the future? No ......... cookies? Epic fail, Sheraton, epic fail! I'll definitely not be visiting one of those hotels in the future. I hate hotels anyway.

I blame Canada. Or Obama.

No. I blame Fidel Castro. Yeah, that's it. This is all his fault. He owns Sheraton.

Rita Templeton said...

Wow ... that was anticlimactic! *wanh waaaannh*

You would think they would have offered to compensate you in some way or SOMETHING. What asses.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Had to laugh on this. Are you supposed to think that because of your note, they planned an immediate renovation?

Sounds to me like they are just being slackers BECAUSE they are undergoing a planned renovation.

Poor customer service really. Would it have cost them much of anything to give you a coupon for a free night at one of their places? Sheesh.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I don't know what I was expecting, certainly not a free night {though, at this point, that's probably the only way you could convince me to stay at a Sheraton hotel again}. But this just seemed, I dunno...insincere? Irrelevant? I mean, I couldn't care less about you're stupid renovations. The hotel doesn't need renovations (just replace the broken mirror). It NEEDS to have more cribs, and better service. They didn't seem to address ANY of my concerns specifically, KWIM?

Courtney said...

I know exactly what you mean- it seemed to me that the first response was a totally generic form letter. Having worked in customer service in the past, it reads just like a template we used where we just filled in the appropriate blanks to relate it to your particular situation. I'm sure you weren't expecting a refund or a free night, but you were expecting something that would make you feel valued- which this clearly doesn't do.

(I must say that I got in some trouble for always personalizing my apology letters too much, but I had a lot more happy customers than other people.)

They would have been better off to address your specific concerns and apologize about those- it wouldn't change your experience, but might have made you feel a little more valued!

If it helps, I think that most hotels stink in the customer service department anyway.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Well, the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at once we got to our destination was actually REALLy great. The rooms were nice. The breakfast was pretty good. And the service was EXCELLENT.

Mr. Brightside said...

#1 - They should have apologized up front, specifically and explicitly for your 'mild inconveniences' (I'm sorry, but a small bed, no crib and a bit of broken glass...suck it up...back in my day (yes, the cave-man days) we had to sleep on hot coals...) :)

#2 - They should have given you a FREE NIGHT in a Suite or better room...maybe...at a...Radisson or Marriott? :)

#3 - If you specify to them that what you would like to remedy your 'mild disappointment' is a free room for a night...they should give it to you.

#4 - I'd email their head office with a link to this blog page and...wait for the apologetic phone call from the President (Mr. Castro) and the 'small favor' of them requesting you remove the page once everything is WRECKTified (a free trip to CUBA, thrown in, of course, might help with your decision).

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Well, if they hadn't told us on the reservation line that we would have a room with a crib that might not have been as big a deal.
Same with the bed. When we booked we booked a queen. But then we didn't get what we booked and paid for. It's the principle of the thing. If they TOLD me I was booking a room with no crib and a double I would have just said "oh, shoot! Too bad they don't have anything else."

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

And re: number 4...I don't want to turn into this lady: http://consumerist.com/5324719/dont-try-to-use-your-blog-to-extort-a-pair-of-crocs

Kristen said...

I hadn't been here for a bit....
WHAT? Goodness me I can't believe they wrote about them more then you...
My thought is they should have refunded you. ...if you can take the time to fill something out obviously it is a greater concern.
no crib? and tiny bed. nice! not.
double YUCK.
hoepfully someone finds your blog and reads this from the Sheraton! ...my goodness.

Harmony said...

This is unbelieveable! They didn't offer you any comensation or even a your next visit is half off. Just a we'll work on it. That shows no respect for you or your family and what you went through.

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Not even a bottle of water?! Jerks! LOL!

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search