Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Tuesday, August 17

Ugh

I had my first day on the job yesterday. It was great. I enjoyed myself. Lucy? Not so much. Daddy reports that she basically cried herself to sleep despite all he could do to comfort her. But if you’re going to cry yourself to sleep what better place to do it than Daddy’s arms, right? The good news is that I won’t be working at bedtime once my normal schedule starts.

We leave for the States on Friday evening. We’ll get back some time on Monday. The bad news {other than the fact that we’re making two 14 hours drives with a toddler} is that our car needs major work. It needs about $1000 worth of repairs done, $500 of which needs to be done before we leave. If this had happened next month instead of this month that wouldn’t have been a big deal, a bummer for sure, but not anxiety attack inducing stressful. The end of the summer is always tight for us financially. So I’m not pleased that our car decided to let us down less than thirty days before student grants and my first pay check. It is 10 years old and has been driven all over North America, but still. I’m stressed. Maybe I’ll give the crying to sleep thing a try…just kidding.

Other than upset toddlers and not enough cash life is great. The rest of this month is going to be busy, busy, busy. But I’ll do what I can to keep you all updated.

siggy

4 Stubborn Stains:

imemary said...

We did the drive to Washington and back recently (about 14 hours), and boy, is that a long time in the car. I hope you are driving at bedtime and stopping for breakfast; that helped.

Crystal HW said...

I agree with the nighttime drive suggestion. It makes travelling long distance with kids more tolerable.

BEst of luck!

KK said...

Hey, sometimes crying myself to sleep still works :)

Dee =) said...

I hope your drive is safe! If I had the extra money I am getting from my mom I would help but it hasn't come in yet... I hope everyhing works out for you....

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search