Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Saturday, July 3

The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short

I’ve been busy.

I’ve been selling etched glass and vinyl decals at the local Farmer’s Market and working on my Etsy shop {click “products” in the left-hand sidebar}. I’ve read some books I’ve been meaning to get to. I’ve been taking care of a toddler and attempting to maintain some semblance of sanity {toddlers are hard}. I’ve been doing a little baking. I’ve been, you know, living life.

We celebrated Canada Day on Thursday. Lucy liked the fireworks last year. I was really looking forward to watching her watch them again this year. The bugs were out in full force. I’m covered in itchy bites {Lucy and Adam came out relatively unscathed}. While we were waiting for the city’s fireworks to start there were some little ones set off by somebody or other. Lucy was pretty excited:

But then…

…there was a LOUD firework.

Lucy turned tail and ran. She didn’t even look back to see where we were. Adam chased her down. I gave her lots of hugs. But it was clear that she was not going to like the fireworks. We couldn’t even get her to look at some nearby sparklers. She would turn away from subsequent smaller, quieter fireworks saying “no, no, no, no, no!” So we went home. And even on the way home, in the car where the fireworks couldn’t be heard she refused to look at them. Poor thing.

Maybe next year.

How’d you celebrate Canada Day, or, how will you be celebrating the 4th of July?

siggy

2 Stubborn Stains:

Insanitykim said...

Awwwww...in time, she will love them I am sure...

Tomorrow we will lounge w/ friends, eat some hot dogs, lounge in and around the pool and set off some sparklers...have a great weekend!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Well, later today we're having some friends over for a BBQ, and then we're lighting off some fireworks that we bought at a stand. My husband got this one monster fireworks set which has me a bit concerned. I'm sure it'll be cool and awe inspiring.

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search