Hey, look, I know things are a mess. I took a hiatus from blogging and decided to switch up my design before returning. Please be patient, because if you can wait out the mess it means REGULAR POSTING WILL RETURN SOON! :D

Hooray!

Monday, February 7

MIA

Where the heck have I been?

Well, besides on the couch sneezing and feeling sorry for myself?

Nowhere.

Why?

Well, besides being sick for a few days?

I no longer have a car.

Correction: I no longer have a running car.

Correction: I no longer have a car that runs in anything other than reverse.

Yes, sad day, our beloved station wagon, Angmar, has finally reached the end of his road. The transmission is dead, kaput, out of service, useless, annihilated, and so on. He took us across the United States, to Canada from Utah, to Utah from Canada {and back}, across Southern Alberta many, many, many times, and to Edmonton once as well. But, sadly, it’s not in our best interest to pay $3500 to rebuild his transmission {which is far more than he’s worth}. Now we’re desperately trying to work out what to do. I need a car to take Lucy to the day home. Adam is required to have a car for work. And frankly, it would be nice to go to the grocery store that isn’t outrageously over-priced instead of walking in sub-freezing weather to the little corner store that demands my first-born for a gallon of milk.

Needless to say, we’re pretty stressed.

My boss has been far more understanding that most. So I am grateful for that. But I’m going to miss our little wagon-that-could. But now he’s the little wagon-that-can’t and so we find ourselves forced to say goodbye.

Goodbye Angmar.

Rest in peace.

siggy

PS: Look for the Tiny Prints giveaway later today!

PPS: Here is a gratuitous picture of my offspring with her Uncle and Daddy the day they went sledding:

IMG_5495

1 Stubborn Stains:

Holly Diane said...

Sorry to hear about your car :( I just had to have my jeep fixed and it cost way more than I should have spent but they have you over a rock when you HAVE to have a car...anyway...adorable picture of your little offspring! She looks very happy!
Sending out positive thoughts for better days ahead!

Blog content (including digital illustrations, photos, and writing) may not be used without the permission of the blog author.

Disclosure Policy



Honor Roll!

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat
Search & Win
This blog features affiliate Amazon links when possible. By making your Amazon purchases via Domestic Dork you help support this blog.

Sponsors

Use code "kids2010" to save 40%! Awesome!


Photobucket
Photobucket


Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation in FL Florida Treatment Centers
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Follow

Blogroll

Photobucket


Photobucket

Search